Monday, August 25, 2008

26

Happy 26th Birthday to ME!!!
I have to say that I feel extremly blessed to have a wonderful husband, truly great kids, so many fabulous friends and a supportive family. Life is good! This past year has changed me a lot. I can no longer use the excuse that I am a new mom...somehow, after you have the second baby, you are supposed to know it all and when you don't you can't blame it on being a first-timer! But I can say, without a doubt, that I don't know it all, but I am learning more and more everyday. Ella teaches me constantly...patience, how to have fun and laugh like a kid again, find new ways to look at the mundane, how to relax and just have fun for a while. Cole too is teaching me many things...how to know that everything doesn't have to be perfect, and that is ok, how to not worry about later, just focus on right now. With Ella I tried to not ever hold her while she was sleeping, because then she would get used to that and not sleep well on her own, but with Cole I cherish the times he falls asleep on my shoulder because they grow-up too fast and you can't get those times back! I cannot even imagine what each birthday must be like for my parents, thinking about me when I was Cole and Ella's age and not knowing where the time has gone. My birthday wish this year is that I can learn to focus on today and not worry about tomorrow!!

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

Sounds like a goal we all need to focus on...I think as a mom we try to do it all and sometimes it is hard to focus on what is important....isn't it amazing what our children bring to our life!!!
Hope your birthday was great!