Thursday, March 19, 2009

NC here we COME!!!



So, Butler is a 9 seed in the tournament...in Greensboro, NC. SO...off Judy, the kiddos, and I go. We decided to fly...I couldn't stand the thought of another long drive after the Florida trip just over a month ago. So we left Indy Wednesday afternoon. I bought a gogo kidz travel mate from Babies R Us. It attaches to the back of your convertible car seat and you can pull the car seat like you do your luggage. IT ROCKS!!! Since we were packing light...ie no stroller etc...this was awesome to pull her through the airport. Little did I know that it needed to be out together, and it required a screwdriver. Thank goodness that there was a guy working in one of the airport stores that was willing to help. So after a little undue stress, we made it. I decided to put Ella in her car seat for the first flight, thinking that it would help keep her more contained, and it did...but it also put her feet right at the seat in front of her. And, once we arrived in Charlotte (we had a layover) I realized that the car seat was stuck because of the seat belt buckle. It took 3 women to help me get the buckle undone. After that we decided to let her try to sit in a seat without it. She did great. Cole did great. We arrived in one piece! But, just as an FYI...don't rent an infant car seat from a rental car company. I should have known better, but I thought I would give it a try. WRONG!!! It was the lowest grade seat and didn't have a base. you just put the seat belt through the seat belt slots and that was it. AWFUL!! Anyway...GO DAWGS!!!

No comments: